Tuesday, May 3, 2011: 3:30 PM-4:45 PM
101 E (Minneapolis Convention Center)
The IBM i is a Windows file and print server! IBM i NetServer allows Windows and Linux/Samba clients to access the integrated file system (IFS) and output queues for all your file serving and printing needs. Learn how to leverage IBM i for these critical functions. This session covers basic through advanced topics related to IBM i NetServer.
By the end of this session, attendees will be able to:
1. Configure IBM i NetServer for file and print serving.
2. Configure some popular clients for connection to IBM i NetServer.
3. Understand authentication, security and administration issues related to IBM i NetServer.
4. Understand newer features of IBM i NetServer.
- IBM i system administrators who wish to configure their system for file and/or print serving through the IBM i NetServer. - IBM i system users that want to learn how to use IBM i NetServer to access integrated file system objects.