Wednesday, May 9, 2012: 8:00 AM-9:15 AM
Safari (Disneyland Hotel )
Understanding QAUDJRN, the system i Audit Journal. Start with the basics. First we will talk about why you might want to use the Audit Journal and what it does. Then we will discuss ways to enable auditing and give examples of how to retrieve reports from the audit journal without any third party applications.
The objective of this course is to give you a solid basic understanding of what the Security audit journal is, how to enable it, and how to extract information from it once it is running. Topics covered will be:
- What is the IBM i Security Audit Journal?
- Why would I want to use it?
- How do I turn it on?
- How do I control what data is collected?
- How do I manage the journal receivers?
- How do I extract useful information from the data collected?
This presentation has been updated to include new parameters available in Version 7 of the operating system.
This session is for System administrators or any one who is interested and/or concerned about system security on the IBM i.